miércoles, 7 de julio de 2010

Reflections about my Blogging Experience

The experience of writting in a blog was really nice, because it gave me the possibility to achieve in a practical way, tools that are necessary to write properly in English.

When the semester started, I already knew that we had to make a blog in this class, because the last year, I started to attend this class, but a few weeks later i quited because I tought that it wasn't the right level for me.

So, in that first oppotunity , I could notice that the activity was very entertaining, especially because everyone used to post in each other's blogs. Another thing that called my attention about the blog were the topics, which were very stimulating and contingent.

My personal experience ( Development):

In my personal experience, I can say that I enjoyed the activity very much, and every post was very challenging for me, because I had to learn to use new words and expressions each class which was very enriching for my English wealth. Also I really liked the topics that we had to write about, because made me remind people that I miss or admire, and important situations that have ocurred in my life.

I have to admit that I had never written in blog before this year. And I didn't know how to use it at first, especially because I configured it in english at once so it was harder for me to find the tools, or adding a contact, because I'm not very into technology .

In my opinion, one of the advantages of writting in a blog, is that the form that we use for writting it's no so formal and structured, so we are able to express ourlselves in a free way, in spite of having guidelines, which actually were more helpful than restrictive.

I think that another advantage in the case of this class, was having a limit time to post, because it forced us to think fast and develop ideas in a short time. So in many cases we had to use our notes taken in classes to articulate expressions that seemed simple but not all of them or not always were in hand.
I think that there's not disadvantages in this activity, on the contrary, it's very positive to have a platform where you can make entertaining exercises like these.

Final Reflections (Conclusion)

As a way to conclude the experience, I can say that writting in a blog was an original way to improve vocabulary, grammar and fluency, tools that are necessary to write properly.
And in the other hand, it's important to emphasize that when you feel comfortable with what you're doing, in this case the blogging experience, the pressure slows down and allows us to write with more confidence, which is fundamental to dare and give the step of expressing in a foreign language, especially if we consider that in our professional future, being able to do this will make a difference and will give us a plus as Public Managers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario